Do you want to know how to fix MS Office Error Code 30016-2, Few errors popup when we install office products without checking the prerequisites. After the purchase of an expensive product, if the installation throws an error while doing the installation, it will be quite frustrating. Standing in the queue for support with the product manufacturers is also something like testing our patience. We understand these issues in and outs and come up with the solutions for variety of error codes .
In this blog, we are explaining the possible ways to fix errors like 30016-2 or error code 30016-27 . Our experts talks about the common steps on repair office and fix Error Code 30016-2. Keep reading the blog till the end to find out some more useful information.
MS Office is a popular application used for both personal and office computers. This application has become an elementary part of everyone’s life. Thus, fixing issues related to it becomes extremely important but in few cases, people face recurring issues with the installation or updation on these products. If you are facing such an error and wanted to know how to Fix MS Office Error Code 30016-2, then you have landed in the right place.
What is MS Office Error Code 30016-2 and Its Causes
The Error Code 30016-2 is nothing but a technical flaw encountered by the users with the Microsoft Office product. This type of error can be frustrating and occurs while trying to install the application. Luckily, there are some quick ways to troubleshoot the error. This error is shown by the code 30016-2.
Causes behind this Error:
Knowing the reasons behind the problem helps the user with a better understanding and resolution as well. Below are some of the causes behind the Error Code 30016-2
- Exiting files of folders restricting the installation of Office.
- Blockage from antivirus or firewall restriction.
- Poor internet connectivity or proxy settings.
- Partial or incomplete setup downloaded or installed.
So these were some of the major culprits behind this technical glitch. To fix this problem all you have to do is follow a series of simple methods. If you are facing such an error, then don’t worry. We have got you covered.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix MS Office Error Code 30016-2
There are few ways through which one can fix this error. To fix this issue, you need to go through some easy methods that are given below. But make sure to follow all the steps properly without any miss to get the best result in less time. So, without any further delay, let’s get into the method.
Method 1: Fix Through Repair
The very first thing that you have to under such circumstances is to fix the application through the Repair app. This problem will be resolved by itself when the Repair App replaced the corrupted files in the system. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Click on Start and choose Control Panel.
- From here navigate to Programs > Programs and Features.
- Now select the Microsoft Office Product to repair.
- Click on Change > Quick Repair > Repair.
- In case this didn’t resolve the problem, you can select the Online Repair option and click on
Method 2: Remove Pre-Existing Files and Folders
The second method that you have should try to resolve the MS Office Error Code 30016-2 is to remove the pre-existing older files and folders. For this you need to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, launch the Run Dialog Box by pressing the button Windows + R.
- Once done type %ProgramFiles% and press
- Remove the folder “Microsoft Office”.
- Now relaunch the Run Dialog Box by pressing the button Windows + R.
- Delete the folder “Microsoft Office”.
Method 3: Disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus Installed.
Up next, you can try to fix the problem by disabling the antivirus installed in the system and disabling the windows firewall. Sometimes the Error Code 30016-2 can occur due to any restriction from both the application (Windows Firewall and antivirus). The network or the firewall rules can cause hindrance in the installation of Microsoft Office. Thus, disabling them would be a wise decision.
Follow these steps for Disable Antivirus:
- At first, launch the Antivirus installed in your system.
- Navigate to Settings > Real-Time Protection.
- From here Turn Off Real-Time Protection.
- Once done click on the Antivirus Firewall option > Turn it Off as well.
- Press Yes (if prompted).
Follow these steps to Disable Windows Firewall:
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- From here click on System and Security > Choose Windows Firewall.
- Turn Off the Windows Firewall On or Off > Turn Off for Public and Private Network.
Once done with all the steps, try to install Microsoft Office to check the status of the problem. We are 100% sure that by following these methods properly you can Fix MS Office Error Code 30016-2. Error Support expects that your find this blog helpful and your issue got fixed after following the above-given methods.
If you have followed all the methods and the problem is still not fixed, then you can get more help from our experts against all your Microsoft Office installation-related problems by initiating live chat assistance.