How to Fix Microsoft Office Error code 30088-26 – User-friendly interface, easy handling, and diverse features, etc these are some of the key traits of the most used computer software application around the world Microsoft Office. It is a highly trustable and famous application in the world of technology. But like any other application, it is also prone to face several technical flaws and one such is Error Code 30088-26. Through this blog, we will tell you the steps on How to Fix Microsoft Office Error code 30088-26.
As Microsoft Office software has become an integral part of our lives, resolving technical flaws related to this particular software has become extremely important as it is used in day-to-day working. But sometimes while installing or updating the MS Office, the users may face issues like the Error Code 30088-26. So if you are the one victim of this error and want to know How to Fix Microsoft Office Error code 30088-26, then keep reading this blog. In this blog, we will discuss the error, its causes, and the steps by which it could be resolved.
What is Error Code 30088-26
The MS Office Error Code 30088-26 is such an error that is faced by many users across the globe. It generally occurs during installing or updating the MS Office application due to many reasons. But luckily there are few steps by which one can easily fix this issue. But before moving further, let us first discuss the possible reasons behind such an error.
Reasons behind this Error
Getting familiar with the possible reason can help the user with a better understanding of the issue and can also help the user to prevent the same error from happening again in the future. This error is generally faced by people while updating the MS Office or installing it. Some of the most common reasons behind the Error Code 30088-26 are:
- Network Rules
- Firewall or Antivirus restrictions.
- Improper installation of the application.
- Pre-existing files of older versions.
Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Microsoft Office Error code 30088-26
Resolving issues related to Microsoft Office has become extremely important as this application is used by millions of users in their day-to-day life be it in school, college, office, or any other place. If you are facing such an issue, we got you covered. Below are the ways by which you can easily fix this issue. But make sure to follow all the methods and steps in the precise manner mentioned below without skipping anything.
Method 1: Disable Firewall and Antivirus
The first thing that you need to do under such circumstances is to disable your system’s firewall and antivirus for a temporary time period. Doing this may eradicate any blockage or restriction caused by the firewall of the windows and antivirus as well. Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform this method.
Follow these steps to disable Antivirus:
- Run Antivirus installed in your system.
- Now go to Settings > Real-time Protection.
- From here Turn Off the Real-Time Protection.
- Once done visit the Antivirus Firewall > Turn it Off > Click on Yes/Ok.
Follow these steps to disable Windows Firewall:
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- From here Choose the option System and Security > Windows Firewall.
- Select Turn Windows Firewall On or Off.
- Choose the option Turn it off for both private and public networks.
Once done with disabling windows firewall and antivirus, try to install or update the Microsoft Application to check whether it is fully resolved or not. If not then move on to the second method that is Reinstall the MS Office.
Method: Reinstall the Microsoft Office
The second method that you can try to fix the Microsoft Office Error Code 30088-26 is by reinstalling the software. Try the following steps in order to perform this method.
Uninstall the older version by following these steps:
- Go to Start > Settings > Apps > Apps and features.
- From here choose the option Apps and features.
- Here select the Microsoft Office option.
- Click on Uninstall and follow all the instructions coming to uninstall it.
Reinstall the application by following these steps:
Before reinstalling the application first make sure that the older version is completely uninstalled including all the files. Once assures, move on to the below-mentioned steps:
- Open your Web Browser and go to the Microsoft Website.
- From here login to your Microsoft Account.
- Search for the latest version of the Microsoft Office application.
- Look for the Download button.
- Download it by following the instructions coming on your screen.
Once done with both things, try to install or update the application to check whether the issue has been fixed completely or not. In case the issue is not fixed then move on to the third and final method.
Method 3: Repair Office
The third method to fix the error code 30088-26 is to repair the Microsoft Office application. Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform this method.
- Go to Start > Settings.
- From here click on Apps > Apps and Features.
- Once done navigate to Microsoft Office > modify.
- Under this option choose the option Online Repair.
- Click on Repair Option and click again on Repair Option if prompted.
We hope that by these steps you could easily fix this issue. All the methods mentioned above are tried and tested following which anyone can Fix Microsoft Office Error code 30088-26. It is expected that you find this blog helpful and you received some valuable information for this blog as well.
If this issue still persists then we recommend you to get more detailed expert help against all your Microsoft Office-related issues by initiating a live chat.