MS Office Error Code 30180-4 – MS Office is a powerful application used by millions of people around the globe. It is pretty famous for its user’s friendly interface, powerful functions, and easy access, this application has made a special place in the everyday life of people. But many users have reported some Errors while using this application. They reported the Error Code 30180-4. If you are also a victim of this issue then we got you covered. In this blog, we will tell you about the error and steps to resolve the MS Office Error Code 30180-4.
The MS Office offers quite a few unique features that no other application offers but still people encounter several issues while using this application like the Error Code 30180-4. This error is pretty common and users might encounter such an error when their firewall, connection, anti-virus, or proxy setting restricts them from installing the MS Office Application. If you are also facing such an issue, then you have landed at the right place. Through this blog, we will tell you steps to resolve the MS Office Error Code 30180-4.
What is Error Code 30180-4?
While installing the MS Office, there is a high possibility that the users might run into the Error Code 30180-4. In this case, there is nothing to panic about. It is just that there is a setting in your computer’s or device firewall, antivirus, or proxy which is restricting you to install the MS Office application. The Error Code 30180-4 generally encountered by the people who are trying to install the newsiest version for the MS office.
Reasons for the MS office Error Code 30180-4
There are many possible causes that lead to this error code. It is a common error faced by so many people around the world. The possible reasons for this error are:
- Missing files
- Firewall blockage.
- Antivirus restrictions.
- Corrupted system components and registry keys.
Methods to Fix MS Office Error Code 30180-4
This error is faced by users while downloading and installing applications. It may or may not affect other applications related to the MS Office. Thus it is very critical to have a look at the below methods to fix this issue.
Method 1: Turn the Proxy settings “Off”
The first step to get this issue fixed quickly is by disabling or turning the proxy setting off temporarily. This error could be occurring due to any blockage or restriction from your system’s firewall. That is why we encourage you to try this method. It is the easiest and quickest method to fix this issue. So follow all the steps mentioned below to perform this method.
- Go to Start > Settings
- Choose the option Network & Internet
- Now Click on Proxy by going to the bottom left-hand side.
- Slide On or Off in Automatic proxy Setup.
- Change the settings in Manual proxy setup and do not forget to save it
Method 2: Turn off Antivirus
You can try to fix this issue by turning off the antivirus for a temporary period. But keep in mind to turn it off once you are done resolving the issue.
- Go to Start > Settings
- Choose the option Update & Security > Windows Security.
- Once done click on the option Firewall & Network protection.
- Open the Windows Security settings.
- Select the network profile and switch settings off in Microsoft Defender Firewall.
You can also visit the official website of your Antivirus manufacturer to know how to uninstall the antivirus or you can try to uninstall the antivirus for a particular period of time and reinstall it back once the MS Office is finished installing.
Method 3: Eradicate Unnecessary Temporary Files
This is the third method that you can try to fix the MS Office Error Code 30180-4. While installing the MS Office application or any other software on the system, many files get generated that are created for temporary purposes. These files are generally deleted by the windows themselves when the user quits the session but there are times when these files are not deleted by windows. This might cause this error to occur and eradicating these files become necessary.
Follow the steps to eradicate unnecessary temporary files:
- Go to Start > Press Windows + R.
- A Run command window will open
- Now you need to type %temp% and press enter.
- A new window will open counting all the temp files and folders.
- Now select all the files and remove them by pressing
Method 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the MS Office
Sometimes a simple uninstallation and reinstallation of the application fix the issues. You can give this method a try as a last resort. Follow the below step to perform this method:
- Go to Start > Control Panel
- Under the control panel go to Programs and select Uninstall the program
- Choose the application and follow instructions to uninstall the MS Office.
- To reinstall the MS Office application, go to the official website of Microsoft
- Search for the latest and compatible version of MS Office
- Look for the download option
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to download and install the MS Office Suite.
We hope that this blog was pretty useful to you and from this blog you got the necessary information or details that you were desperately looking for. All the above-mentioned information and methods are very easy to perform and understand. These are tried & tested methods by following which you can fix the MS Office Error Code 30180-4. We have full confidence and surety that if you follow the above-mentioned steps and methods in the exact same order as menhaden, you will easily and fix the MS Office Error Code 30180-4. In case the issue still persists, then we recommend you get expert help by initiating live chat related to MS Office-related issues.