How to Fix 0x800ccc1a Error in Microsoft Outlook? – PC Frequently crashes with the error code 0x800ccc1a? System freezes regularly for a few seconds? The error is appearing in the dialog box all the time? Feeling like getting into a black hole? don’t worry! You need some assistance from experts. Error code 0x800ccc1a in Microsoft outlook mainly shows when there is an issue with SSL (Secure Socket Layer).
Basically, the error occurs when the wrong port number is specified to POP3 (Post Office Protocol 3), or SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol). The error code 0x800ccc1a in Microsoft Outlook does allow a user to send and open emails on outlook clients. Well, when it comes to Microsoft Outlook then facing errors like 0x800ccc1a are common. As the application is primarily an email client application that sends and receives emails, manages personal items like calendars, events, journals, contacts, etc.
But when the application starts crashing frequently or makes windows crash then the real problem starts. And if you are the sufferer of this Microsoft Outlook error code 0x800ccc1a then let’s discuss How to Fix 0x800ccc1a Error in Microsoft Outlook.
Reasons for Occurring 0x800ccc1a Error in Microsoft Outlook
Basically, the Microsft Outlook has two servers used to get or send emails. And when the client application is incapable to contact one server then a user gets error code 0x800ccc1a in Microsoft Outlook. The program ends up showing the message “save the current work and reboot your system”. Various things can cause a 0x800ccc1a error that includes:
- A corrupted or Damaged profile can be a reason behind the issue.
- Sometimes antivirus software on the system causes the error.
- You are working on an outdated version of Microsoft Outlook.
- The encryption type specified can also cause the problem.
Therefore, these are the major reasons behind this 0x800ccc1a in Microsoft Outlook. So if you are experiencing this issue while using Microsoft Outlook then try the below-listed fixes.
Troubleshoot Error Code 0x800ccc1a in Microsoft Outlook
The hexadecimal error 0x800ccc1a in Microsoft Outlook seems complicated but the steps to get rid of this error are quite easy. Several things can help you like you can Reconfigure the SSL Encryption, Run the windows system files checker or Repair Tool can get you out from this problem. So let’s go through the most effective steps to Fix 0x800ccc1a Error in Microsoft Outlook.
Try Windows System File Checker
It is the first and easy method to get rid of this issue. System File Checker is a service developed to scan and restore the corrupted files located in the windows system files. So do a scan in the system to Fix 0x800ccc1a Error in Microsoft Outlook.
Follow these steps:
- Open the Command prompt in the system. (As an administrator)
- Click on the “Yes” option on the dialog box.
- Once “cmd” is open type “sfc /scannow”. (System File Checker will start scanning)
- Scan all the errors, and try to fix them.
Now restart Microsoft Outlook and see if the program starts running as it before. In case the error still insists then move to the next step.
Reconfigure SSL Encryption
The second method you can try is to reconfigure the SSL configuration of Microsoft Outlook. Follow the below-mentioned steps to reconfigure the SSL configuration.
- Initiate the program “Microsoft Outlook”.
- Click on the file and choose “Info”.
- Open “Account Settings”.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab in the email account pop-up window.
- Now Uncheck the option that says server requires an encrypted connection”.
- Click on the “OK” option, and hit the “Next” button.
- Now click on “Finish” and restart Microsoft Outlook.
In case you are using Microsft Outlook version 2007 then follow the below steps:
- Open the Microsoft Outlook program.
- Open “Account Setting” from the “Tools” tab.
- Select an email and click on “change” from the pop-up window.
- Now open More settings>Advanced tab.
- Now uncheck “server needs an encrypted connection”.
- Click on OK>Next>Finish.
Now close the prompt and then restart the application. It will solve your 0x800ccc1a Error in Microsoft Outlook.
Use Outlook Inbox Repair Tool
If you are still experiencing this 0x800ccc1a Error in Microsoft Outlook then try repairing the outlook PST file using Outlook Inbox Repair Tool. Follow the below steps to perform the repairing process:
- Go to the path: \Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12 folder through File explorer.
- Click on scanpst.exe and select the corrupted .pst file.
- Hit the “Start” button to repair the file.
Once the repair process is finished it will be shown completed. But in any case, you can get rid of this error 0x800ccc1a in Microsoft Outlook then don’t worry. You can reach out to the Microsft Office experts and get more practical solutions regarding the issue. Initiate the real-time chat now and directly state your issue, or problem-related to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc., and get proficient, and effective solutions in a certain time frame! Don’t hesitate!