Fix ms office activation error code 0x4004f00c – Are you getting an error while activating office< Is your Microsoft suite keeps on asking you for licensing key? Do you want to know the permanent fix to resolve this issue? If yes then keep reading this article. In this article, we will discuss the error, its reasons, and troubleshooting methods to Fix ms office activation error code 0x4004f00c.
The Microsoft Office suite has become an integral part of everyone’s life. This application is loaded with tremendous features such as a user-friendly interface, best graphics, useful toolbars, and much more. To enjoy these features the users need to follow a three-step process that starts with downloading the app, installing the app, and activating the app. Activation plays a critical role in the smooth running of the software. It makes sure that the application is downloaded and installed by a trustable user. Many times users face issues with the activation of the application. In this article, we have tried to cover the steps to Fix ms office activation error code 0x4004f00c.
What is Error Code 0x4004f00c
While trying to activate the Microsoft office application, the users come across the Error Code 0x4004f00c. There may be several things that cause the occurrence of this error. To use the software to its maximum potential, the user needs to fully activate it first by putting a key. Fully activated software shows that the software is downloaded by the authentic customer and from an authentic source.
Reasons for the Error Code 0x4004f00c
Encountering such an issue with the Microsoft software is common and there are few things that might trigger this error. The users encounter such error due to the following cases:
- A faulty operating system.
- Firewall or antivirus interference issues
- Incomplete application installation
- VPN issues.
Fix for Ms Office Activation Error Code 0x4004f00c
Luckily there are few methods by which you get this issue resolved. If you facing such an issue, we recommend you to follow the below-mentioned steps in the same order:
Method 1: Download the Application from the Official Website
The very first thing that you can do to fix this issue is by downloading the Microsoft Suite from the official website of Microsoft or any trustable source. Follow the steps to download the application:
- Go to the browser and type the Microsoft official website address.
- Search for the application and look for the Download
- Follow all the on-screen instructions to download the application
- Once downloaded install it and try to activate it.
This should resolve the issue but in case it doesn’t, then move on to the second method to get the issue resolved.
Method 2: Disable the Firewall of your Windows
This is the second method by which you can resolve this issue and get rid of the error code 0x4004f00c. Sometimes due to safety concerns, the window firewall restricts the download and activation of the software. In this case, it is recommended to disable the firewall.
Follow the steps to disable the Firewall of your Windows:
- Go to the Start option
- Choose Control Panel
- Search Window Firewall
- Once in choose the ‘Turn windows firewall on or off”
- Turn off the Firewall.
Once done with all the steps try to activate the Office suite to see whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 3: Uninstall and Reinstall the Microsoft Office Application on your System
There are times when a simple power cycle can get the issue resolved. Follow the below-motioned steeps to power cycle the Application:
- Go to Start and click on Control Panel
- Click on Programs
- Choose the Microsoft Office Suite to uninstall the application completely.
- Once done, open the web browser and visit the official website of Microsoft.
- Look for the download button and start downloading the application.
- Once do with the downloading, follow the on-screen instructions to install the application.
Method 4: Command Prompt
To resolve the issue using command prompt, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to start
- Type Command Prompt in the search bar
- Choose Run as administrator (this will open the command prompt in admin mode.
- Now press Windows+E. This will open File explorer
- Chose the option This PC and select C Drive
- Follow the path Program files > Microsoft Office > Office 16
- Open Command Prompt and type cd and press the space bar to copy the path.
- Here type the command “cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus”
- Now copy the installed product’s key last 4 numbers
- Write command “cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey: “Last_Five_Product_Key_Chsarscters”
We hope that you get valuable and useful ways to get your issue resolved. All the above-stated methods are accurate and will definitely help you to resolve the ms office activation error code 0x4004f00c. These are all tested methods and by following them accurately & in the stated manner, you can avoid such issues in the future as well. If you are still facing this issue, then we suggest you get expert help by initiating the lice chat to get a resolution related to all your Microsoft Office-related problems.