Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc0000142 – Getting an error with your device or with any software is irritating and frustrating as well. If you are also getting the Error code 0xc0000142 with your Microsoft Office, then keep reading this blog. As we all know that the Microsoft software has become a critical part of everybody’s life. It helps to perform various useful and important daily working activities and makes things easier for the user. But many times the user faces several types of issues with this application. In this blog, we will discuss the steps to troubleshoot the Microsoft office Error Code 0xc0000142.
Nowadays it is extremely tuff to survive without the Microsoft office suite. The irony is that it is nearly impossible to find a replacement for this marvelous application. In this blog, we will discuss what is this Error Code, its causes, and the troubleshooting steps to fix the Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc0000142.
Error Code 0xc0000142
Microsoft office gives this error due to many reasons. It is a common error that is encountered by many users. This error restricts the application like Word, Outlook, or Excel to open and work properly. The actual reason is still unknown even to Microsoft but there are users that reported this issue after updating or installing new updates. luckily there are severe steps that claim to resolve this issue.
Troubleshooting Steps to fix the Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc0000142
If you are facing this issue, then there is nothing to worry about. This error is commonly countered by the users and luckily there are few reliable and effective troubleshooting steps that will help you to get rid of this issue quickly. Keep in mind to adhere to all the steps in accurate manner and perform them in the given sequence to yield the best outcome. If you follow these methods in the same order then it will be easy to get the issue resolved quickly.
Solution 1: Try to Fix the Office
Repairing the Office suite can help you to fix this issue. There are times when due to the faulty files, the user faces this error code with the Microsoft Office. This method works brilliantly for many users. To fix the Office, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- To open the Run Command Box press the Window+R key.
- Type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the command box and press enter.
- Click on Programs and Features and choose your installed office version and press the option Change.
- Select the option “Quick Repair Option” and choose “Repair”
- Once done let the office repair process finish,
- Once the process is completed, try to run any application and check if the issues have been resolved or not
For most of the users, this solution will work but if your issue still did not get resolved, try to resolve the issue by trying the second solution.
Solution 2: Try to Check the System Files
The second solution that you can try to resolve the Error Code 0xc0000142 is by checking the system files through a system files checker. It is a utility which allows people to scan the windows to find error or deviation. It also helps to restore the missing, corrupted, or damaged files.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform this method
- Go to the Start > Search > Command Prompt.
- Right-click on the Command Prompt and select the option “Run as Administrator”
- Now type sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt.
- This will perform a deep scan to protect all the files of the system and replace the corrupted ones to cached ones.
- Follow all the instruction and let the verification complete. Once done you can close the Command Prompt.
If this method did not work, try to resolve the issue by following the next solution.
Solution 3: Repair Office
This solution is among the simplest and easiest way to get rid of such tyoes of issues. If the above methods did not workled, then you can try to get this issue fixed by using this method.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to repair office:
- Go to Start > Programs
- From here select the option Uninstall the program.
- Choose Microsoft Office 365 > click on the Change option
- Press the option Quick Repair > followed by a click on Rapair.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once done restract the system and hcekc if the issue has been resolved or not.
We hope that this blog seems to be usefuk to you and yoy get the infomation that you were searching for. All the information provided above is accurate and reliable. These are tried and tested methods that will help you to get rid of the Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc0000142. We are fully sure that if you follow these steps accurately and in the above-mentioned sequence, then you will be able to successfully resolve this issue. If in case you still face this issue, it is recommended to get expert help by initiating the live chat to get expert advice related to all Microsoft Office-related issues.