How to Fix Microsoft Office Auto Update in Window 10 – The Microsoft Word Application is among the world’s best software that is preferred by all IT professionals and even normal everyday users. It is developed by a well-known brand Microsoft Corporation. This software involves a plethora of functions and due to its user-friendly interface, east-to-access features, and wide compatibility make its people favorite. It offers an amalgamation of several products that provide individual benefits like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc to name a few of them. But there few negatives as well related to the automatic updates. So, if you want to know How to Fix Microsoft Office Auto Update in Windows 10, then you have landed in the right place.
Automatic technology will allow the users to enable several processes. By default, the Microsoft Office installations are set to automatic updates. In other words, the windows operating system automatically download and install the updates on your system related to MS Office. But there are times when even the automatic update causes issues for the users. If you are also facing this issue then keep reading this blog. In this blog, we will tell you How to Fix Microsoft Office Auto Update in Windows 10, then keep reading this blog. Through this blog, we will tell you ways by which you can disable or enable auto-update in windows 10.
Advantages of Windows Auto Update
Before moving on to the steps, let us first discuss the advantages and disadvantages of windows auto-update. It is critical to know the pros and cons offered by this feature. So here are some of the advantages of this feature:
- The first advantage offered by this feature that your system and data will always remain protected.
- This feature will help in rectifying and identifying several security flaws.
- The system will get regular updates automatically related to security essentials, applications, etc.
- It improves the overall experience.
Disadvantages of Windows Auto Update
Although there are more benefits offered by this feature, still there are few disadvantages offered by this feature as well. These are:
- Enabling auto-update will eat a big portion of your data.
- An incorrect system update will lead to internal file issues.
- If the application does not get updated successfully, it may cause more harm than good.
Methods to Fix Microsoft Office Auto Update in Window 10
As we are now familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of Windows Auto Update, now let us move on to the methods or ways by which one can get this fixed. We have done our research and come with some methods that you perform on your own to get this issue fixed in no time. Keep in mind to first make sure that the system is working completely fine and is attached to the reliable power source and make sure to follow all the methods and steps in the exact same manner as mentioned below.
Solution 1: Through the Microsoft Office Application
Yes, you heard it right. The very first and the foremost solution to get this issue fixed is through the Microsoft Office application itself. To perform this method, follow the below-mentioned steps in the same manner as mentioned:
- Launch the MS Office Suite (example MS Word or Excel)
- Once opened, in the left menu go to Accounts
- Now choose the Update Options.
- Lastly, you need to choose the Disable Updates option from the menu.
Try this method to get this done or you can move on to the second solution as well.
Solution 2: Perform this Through Settings
The second solution to get this done is through settings. You can try this solution as well to fix this issue quickly. The steps involved in this solution are easy to understand and perform as well. These are:
- The first step is to launch the Settings App by pressing Win + I Key or you can search settings in the search bar.
- Up next you need to choose the option Update & Security.
- The third step is to choose the option Windows Update from the left-hand side sub-menu.
- Now from the right-hand side section, scroll down and select the Advanced Options.
- Simply toggle off receive updates for other MS Product when I update Windows to Disable.
Note: If you toggle this option here to ON. Then this feature will automatically get enabled and will update the MS Products in your computer/Laptop/System.
So these were the steps by which you can Fix Microsoft Office Auto Update in Window 10. We expect that this blog was helpful to you and you have got all the required information that you were searching for. These are tried and tested steps that you can perform to get this issue resolved. But keep in mind that you have to perform all the steps in the exact same manner as mentioned above to get the best benefits.
In case you still face this issue, then we suggest you take expert help for all the MS Office-related issues by initiating the live chat.