Fix Error Code 30068 When Installing Office – While trying to install the MS Office suite in Windows 10 of your system, there are times when the users encounter an Error such as Error Code 30068. If you are also trying to install MS Office in your system and encountering such error code, then you have landed at the right place. Through this blog, our technical experts will guide you about this issue and provide you with steps to Fix Error Code 30068 When Installing Office. So keep reading this blog.
Microsoft Office is a well-renowned application in the field of computer and IT industry. Due to its dynamic features, easy-to-use interface, and smooth functioning, it has created a special place in everyone’s life. But there are many occasions when the users reported an error while installing this application. They reported an Error Code 30068 whenever they try to install the suite in their system. Thus, if you want to know How to Fix Error Code 30068 When Installing Office, then continue reading this blog.
Reasons of the Error Code 30068
It would be wise to know the possible reasons behind this error code before moving on to the troubleshooting steps. This type of error code is generally encountered by the users with their system when they previously have used an older version of Microsoft Office. In the majority of the cases, Error Code 30068 will be faced because the new installation process is halted by the old remained files of previous versions. There are times when some files of the older version remain uninstalled and trigger this error.
Methods to Fix Error Code 30068 When Installing Office
Luckily there are some methods that can help one get rid of this issue. Keep in mind to follow all the methods and steps in the same order as mentioned. So try the below methods to fix the Error Code 30068.
Method 1: Power Cycle the System and Reinstall the Application
The first method to fix this error is to power cycle the computer and reinstall the MS office application. Make sure to uninstall the application completely before reinstalling it. Follow the below-mentioned step to get this done.
- Turn off the System By going to the Start > Shut Down.
- Wait for few seconds (Say 15 seconds)
- Turn the system back on.
- To uninstall the Application, Go to Start > Control Panel
- From here choose the option Programs > Uninstall the Application
- Select the Application name and follow all the instructions to uninstall the application.
- Once done, now open the Web Browser and go to the official website of Microsoft.
- Search for the latest version of Microsoft Office.
- Look for Download Follow all the instructions to download the software.
Try this method to get rid of Error Code 30068. Move on to the second method if this method did not work and you are not able to resolve the issue.
Method 2: Check Click to Run Service
The second method to fix this issue is to check whether the click to run service is disabled. If the Office installation process fails to launch then this might be the result of the device’s inability to function click to run installers.
- Go to Start
- Type Window + R to open the Run command box.
- Now type msc
- Click Ok
- Scroll down in the service window to search Microsoft Office Click to Run Service.
- Once done, check its status.
- In cases it is disabled, then go to properties.
- From the Startup type drop-down, hose the Manual or Automatic.
- Press Apply and Ok
- Now try to install the application by following all the steps and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Try out the next method if you are not able to get the issue rewsulved using this method.
Method 3: Resolve the System File Corruption
The Third method to fix the Microsoft Office Error Code 30068 is by fixing the System File Corruption by using commands.
- Launch the Command Prompt through Run as administrator.
- Start the SFC scanning by Typing sfc /scannow.
- Now restart your system.
- Run Command Prompt through Run as administrator.
- To begin the DISM scanning give the following commands: Dism/ Online /Cleanip-Image / CheckHealth, Dism/ Online /Cleanip-Image / ScanHealth, Dism/ Online /Cleanip-Image / RestoreHealth.
- Once done Restart the system.
So these were all the methods and steps listed by our experts to resolve this error. By following all the methods and steps accurately and in the exact same order, anyone can Fix Error Code 30068 When Installing Office. We hope that this blog was useful and you get some valuable insights from this as well. These are tried and tested methods followed by almost everyone to fix this error code. So follow these steps and let us know the results.
In case the issue is still not fixed then we strongly recommend you seek expert help related to the Microsoft office installation issues by initiating the live chat.