How to Fix Microsoft Word Not Responding Issue – Microsoft Word is among the best software available. The particular application has made daily tasks so hassle-free for people around the globe. That is the reason it has become a huge huge success. Despite so many developments and years of up-gradation as well, the MS Word software still does not work smoothly. Often times this application freezes or does not function properly. If you are also a victim of a Word issue and wanted to know How to Fix Microsoft Word Responding Issue, then you have reached the right place.
MS Word not responding issue can be frustrating and cause a lot of hassle for the user. There could be many reasons behind such an error and many times these reasons as still unknown. However, if you are facing such an issue and wanted o know How to Fix Microsoft Word Responding Issue, then we are here to discuss the solutions to this problem. So sit back and relax. Before moving to the steps let’s first discuss the possible reasons behind such an issue.
Possible Reasons for Microsoft Word Not Responding
Before moving on to the troubleshooting steps, it would be nice to have a look at the possible reason that might the occurrence of this issue. This way one can fix the issue accordingly. There could be much reason behind such an issue such as:
- Damaged Program file.
- Incompatible add-ins.
- Inaccessible removable drive.
- Not a trusted domain.
- Not updated system drivers.
Method to Fix Microsoft Word Not Responding Issue
As we are now familiar with the possible reason behind this issue, Let us now move forward and have a look at the troubleshooting methods to fix this issue. Luckily there are several ways by which you can get rid of this problem quickly. You don’t need to panic anymore as we are here and we are going to tell you exactly what needs to be done when Microsoft Word is not responding. Here are the troubleshooting steps.
Method 1: Power cycle the System and Reinstall the Application
The first step to fix this issue is to power cycle the system and reinstall the application. But make sure to completely uninstall the MS Word application from the system before reinstalling it. To perform this method follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to Start > Shut Down.
- Once the system is off remove the power cable and wait for few seconds (say 15 seconds).
- Turn the system back
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Program > Uninstall the Program.
- Choose MS Word Application.
- Follow all the instructions to uninstall it completely.
- To reinstall the application, first, go to the official Microsoft
- Search for the latest version of the MS Word application.
- Look for the Download option and follow all the instructions to download it.
Now try to run the MS Word application to check if it is working properly or not. If not, then move on to the second step.
Method 2: Disable Add-ins
The second method that one can try to fix this issue quickly is to disable Add-ins. Follow all the steps mentioned below to perform this method.
- To launch the Word options choose File > Options > Add-ins.
- Run the COM Add-ins dialog box by selecting the option Go under Manage.
- Now disable all the add-ins by clearing the checkboxes.
- Choose Ok and apply the changes.
Note: If this error message no longer appears, then enable add-ins only once and restart the application after each enable.
Method 3: Run Microsoft Word in Safe Mode
If the above two methods do not work, you can try out the third method which is to Run the Microsoft Word Application in Safe mode. To perform this method you need to follow the following steps.
- Go to Start > Microsoft Word
- Or press Window + S and type MS Word.
- Now at the same time press Ctrl and hit the application. This will launch the application in safe mode.
- Now check if the word is responding or it is still not responding. If not working properly then move on to the fourth method.
Method 4: Repair Corrupted Document
The fourth method to perform under such an issue is to repair the Corrupted document. Follow the following steps to perform this method.
- Launch the MS Word If not working then launch in safe mode.
- From the left sidebar choose the option Open.
- Choose Browse to browse the problematic document.
- Open the problematic document and Select the Open and Repair option.
- The Word will start to repair the document for you.
So these were the method and steps by which you can Fix Microsoft Word Not Responding Issue. We hope that this blog was helpful to you and you get some valuable information from the blog. All the above-given methods and steps are tried & tested by our experts. By following these steps accurately in the same manner, you can resolve the issue on your own.
If the issue is still not resolved, we suggest you take expert help regarding Microsoft Word issues by initiating the live chat.