How to Fix Office Error Code 8007005? – “We are sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later (Error Code 8007005” Are you seeing this? So you might need help! You are experiencing Microsoft Office Error Code 8007005. It usually occurs during the activation process and is applicable to all versions of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Office 2013. Even some users who are experts don’t know How to Fix Office Error Code 8007005, and if you are one of them then you are at the valid spot.
Today, in this article Microsoft Office expert will guide you with some practical and accurate steps that will help you to overcome this complicated issue. Though, Microsoft Office being a well-developed application never cause any trouble. But due to some technical errors such as corrupted files, and outdated firmware, it starts causing hindrance in the work and ends showing numerical, and alphabetical errors. And Error Code 8007005 is one of them. But if you are facing this error then go through this blog to know How to Fix Office Error Code 8007005.
Know About Microsoft Office Error Code 8007005
As per the aforesaid statement, it is clear that office error code 8007005 occurs while activating the application, and there are numerous causes behind this complicated seeming error. And if you want to get this error fixed then first you need to can get this error fixed only after getting familiar with the error. So let’s the accused behind this error.
- Corrupted files might be causing hindrance.
- Microsoft Office installer services aren’t installed accurately.
- Windows Temporary files might not have adequate space left.
- Malware/virus/Firewall may be affecting the activating process.
Hence, these are the culprits who are stopping your MS office from working. And let’s move on to the steps to fix this common but complicated error.
Fix MS Office Error code 8007005
After going through the culprits causing this error you can easily fix this Microsoft Office Error code 8007005. Therefore, go through the below-mentioned accurate and precise steps too and fix this office error on your own.
System File Checker (SFC) scan may help you out with this problem. It is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan and restore corrupted files in windows system files. To perform the process follow the below steps:
- First of all press the “Windows” key + “X” key.
- Open Command prompt, or cmd as an administrator.
- Type SFC/Scan now.
Wait for few minutes until the scan is completed, and then restart your computer. See if you are Microsoft office start working and if not then follow the ahead steps.
Turn off Firewall, and Anti-virus
This error may occur if any Anti-Virus, or Firewall is enabled. You can Fix this Microsft Office Error code 8007005 by turning off Firewall, and Anti-Virus.
Follow the steps:
- Select the Start Button.
- Open Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security.
- Click on Firewall & network protection and open Windows Security settings.
- Choose a network profile, switch the setting off under the Microsoft Defender Firewall.
Turn on Simple File Sharing (Windows XP)
After turning windows Firewall, turn on Simple File Sharing, and guest account if you are using Windows XP. Follow the below steps to perform the same.
- Open the Run box by pressing Windows +R.
- Type gpedit.msc, and hit enter.
- Open Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies >User Rights Assignments.
- Search “Access this compute from the network”. Double click on it.
- Ensure that the Guest is listed here. (If not then move on to the next steps)
- Double-click on the key “Deny access to this computer from the network”.
- Remove the guest from here, and Click on Apply.
Update MS Office
Applications like Microsft Office updates to a newer version automatically but due to some external or internal reasons, the regular update process gets stuck. Therefore some errors occur. You can do it manually through the below steps:
- Open any MS Office application. (Word, Excel, or outlook)
- Click File, and then Account.
- You will witness the “Update option” under product information.
- Click “update now”, and then the process will start.
Run MS Office as an administrator
You can fix Microsoft Office error code 8007005 by running the application as an administrator and complete the activation process.
Steps to activate Microsoft Office on your own:
- Close all the running office programs.
- Steer your mouse to the upper-right edge of your screen.
- Select the Search icon in the charms bar.
- Type an MS office application name like Word.
- Program icon will appear in the search results.
- Right-click on the Word icon.
- Select “Run as administrator”.
- Choose “Yes” to allow Office to run as administrator.
- Reactivate Office by selecting Reactivate button (If shown is a banner) otherwise go to File>Account>Activate Product.
Therefore, these are some simple, precise, and accurate steps to Fix Microsoft Office Error Code 8007005. In any case, the error is not resolved through these steps then you can get more practical solutions from Microsoft experts. Initiate the chat now, and get in touch with the most experienced Microsoft Office team.