Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc000007b – Microsoft Office is among the most powerful and feature-loaded software that is used by millions of users across the globe. This application comes with a plethora of memorizing features that are helpful in daily work. As it is a software application, it is prone to encounter several errors and one such Error is 0xc000007b. So, if you are encountering the same error and what to know how to fix the Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc000007b, then keep reading this blog.
The Microsoft Error Code 0xc000007b is a pretty common issue faced by millions of users across the globe. This error has become common with the release of the Windows 10 update. It occurs after the installation of the patch or any update failure. The Error Code 0xc000007b restricts the users to launch some apps such as Skype, Office, Excel, etc. So through this blog, we will tell you the steps to fix Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc000007b.
Reasons for Error Code 0xc000007b
There could be several reasons that trigger such an issue. It would be wise to first get familiar with the reasons that might lead to such an issue. The Error Code 0xc000007b can occur due to the following reasons:
- Missing .NET framework 3.5
- Corrupted Visual C++ Redistributable.
- Not running the application as administrator.
- Windows failure to operate a program.
- Corrupted software.
- Incomplete installation for the application.
- Registry errors can lead to this error as well.
Steps to Fix Microsoft Office error code 0xc000007b
It is a common error that can be fixed easily by following some steps. If you are facing this issue, then we have got you covered. We have done our research and come up with some easy and reliable steps that you can perform to fix this issue on your own. So follow the below methods to fix the Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc000007b.
Method 1: Restart the System and Reinstall the Application
This is the first method that you can try to fix this issue. At times a simple restart of the system and reinstallation of the application that is causing the issue can resolve the issue. So follow the below steps to perform this issue and make sure to fool the steps in the exact same order and mentioned below.
- To uninstall the Application go to Start > Control Panel
- From here go to Programs > Uninstall the Program.
- Choose the application that you wanted to uninstall.
- Follow all the instructions to uninstall the application.
- Now restart the system by going to Start > Restart.
- Let the system on and before reinstalling the application make sure that all the files related to the software are permanently deleted and the application is fully uninstalled.
- Once assured reinstall the application by going to the official Microsoft Office
- Search for the Application > Download.
- Follow all the instructions to download it.
- Now try to run the application to check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If not then move on to the next method.
Method 2: Update the Windows
The second method that you can try to fix this error is by installing the windows update. Updating the windows can resolve many issues including the Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc000007b as well. So follow the below-mentioned steps to fix this issue.
- The first step is to press the Window + I button.
- Choose the option Update & Security.
- Look for the latest updates and press the download button (if available).
- If available, download the update.
- Once done restart the system to check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If not then move on to the third method.
Method 3: Run the Application as Administrator
The third method to fix the Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc000007b is to run the application as an administrator. Many times the application needs to run as an administrator and it may cause an error if not launched as administrator. To perform their method, follow the following steps in the exact same manner.
- Right-click on the Application icon > Run as Administrator > Click Yes.
- The second way of doing this is by Clicking right on the application > Properties.
- From here choose Compatibility > Run as administrator > Press Ok.
So this was all about the Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc000007b. We have discussed the error, its reasons, and the methods & steps by which you can fix this issue in no time. It is expected that this blog was useful and you get valuable information from it as well. All the methods mentioned above are tried & tested by the experts and are used by people to resolve the Microsoft Office Error Code 0xc000007b. Make sure to follow all the steps in the exact same order as mentioned above to get this issue resolved.
In case the issue still persists, then we suggest you take more detailed expert help regarding all your Microsoft Office-related issues by initiating a live chat.