Microsoft office activation error 0x80072f8f – Facing technical issues are common but annoying sometimes. So, are you the one encountering this error and want to get rid of this issue as quickly as possible? If yes then keep reading this blog. In this blog, we will discuss the issue and also give you few steps to resolve the issue. So to know how to fix the Microsoft Office Activation Error 0x80072f8f, continue reading this blog.
The Error code 0x80072f8f is encountered by the users while activating Windows 7 or Windows Vista. This is among the common errors and there is nothing to panic or worry about. This error is faced by the people due to the occurrence of a security glitch while activating Windows 7, Vista, or Windows 8. This blog covers this error code and also the steps to resolve the Microsoft office activation error 0x80072f8f. So without any further deals let’s first know what the error is and what causes this error.
Reasons of the Error Code 0x80072f8f
This error is encountered by the customer when they try to activate their windows (Windows 7, Vista, or Windows 8). It is a result of a security error that occurs during the course of activating the windows. There are several reasons behind the occurrence of this error such as:
- A faulty or improperly working internet.
- Inaccurate date and time of your system
- Due to incorrect TCP/IP stack
The above-mentioned reasons could be the culprits for the occurrence of this error code. Now that we knew about the error and its causes, it’s time to move on to the troubleshooting steps to get this issue fixed.
Troubleshooting Steps for Error Code 0x80072f8f
This error is a result of the potential proxy, antivirus, bad internet connection, or firewall. To get rid of this issue, it is advised to carefully follow the below-mentioned steps in the exact same order. These steps will most likely help you get to resolve this problem. Thus, accurately follow these steps until you get success in resolve the Microsoft office activation error 0x80072f8f problem.
Step 1: Check Internet Connection
A poor or inaccurately working internet connection can lead to this error. It would be a great idea to first check your connection and then proceed further. All you have to do is:
- Try to run any website.
- If it fails to open the website, you have to troubleshoot your connection.
- Try to activate your windows once done solving the connectivity problem.
Step 2: Adjust the Date and Time
The second step to getting rid of this issue is to check and adjust the date and time of your device or computer. Many times just by simply readjusting or changing the date and time get this issue resolved. If the date and time are not accurate, the system will not be able to recognize the servers of Microsoft. You have to do the following things:
- First, make sure that the date and time are accurate
- If in case of inaccurate time and date, you need to first correct them and restart your computer.
- Once done with the rebooting system, again try to activate your window and check if the issue is resolved or not.
If the issue is still not resolved, try the third step.
Step 3: Clear Temporary Files
Another way to get of this issue is to clear the temporary files. Not clearing temporary files sometimes may give rise to this error. All you need to do is follow the below-mentioned steps to clear temporary files:
- Press Window + R key to open Run.
- Now you need to type in %temp% and click on enter.
- Once done press Ctrl+A and Shift+Delete to delete all the temporary files.
- Try the fourth step if this step did not get the issue resolved.
Step 4: Change the Media Boot Install
This is the fourth step that you can try to get rid of the Error code 0x80072f8f. All you need to do is to change the media boot install. Follow the below-mentioned steps to change the media boot install:
- Go to the computer and press Windows+R. This will open the Run command box.
- To register Editor, type regedit and click on ok.
- Now follow the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup/OOBE.
- Once done, double click on MediaBootInstall REG_DWORD on the right panel and change the value to
- Close Registry Editor by pressing
- Once done closing registry editor, open the administrative command prompt. You can do this by following these steps.
- Click on Start > go to All programs > choose
- Now Right-click on the Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- Type slmgr/ rearm & click of Enter.
- Now Click on Ok and Restart the computer.
- Once the system is back up, try to activate windows.
So these were the steps to get rids of the Microsoft office activation error 0x80072f8f. We hope that this blog was useful to you and you have got all the necessary information that you were searching for. All the steps are tried and tested that you can perform to get this issue resolved. In case the issue still persists, it is recommended to get expert help related to the Microsoft Office Activation issues by initiate a chat or through live assistance.