MS Office Activation Error 0xc004f074 – Are you facing this issue? Do you want to know why you are encountering this issue? If you are facing this problem, then keep reading this article because, in this article, we will tell you the causes and solution to fix the MS Office Activation Error 0xc004f074. By the end of this article, you will be familiar with the symptoms, causes, and steps to get rid of this Error.
When you try to run MS office on your desktop or PC, it will prompt you to get your product registered. While registering and activating the product, you might face the error 0xc004f074. To be honest, there is no need to worry. The problem is minor and the solution is pretty easy. If you want to know more detailed information on how to resolve MS Office Activation Error 0xc004f074, then scroll down to this article and get all the details.
About MS Office Activation Error 0xc004f074
This error is a minor one and there is nothing to worry about. It is among such error which is encountered by the users who do not have licensed or registered MS Excel versions. Many times, when the users try to run the MS Excel suite, they might get a text pop-up on their screen related to the MS Office activation. When the user tries to activate the application, they get the MS Office Error Code 0xc004f074.
Causes for this Error
There could be various reasons because of which you encounter this error. Below-listed is some of the causes why the users get the error code 0xc004f074. Try to carefully understand these reasons. These are:
The first reason why people get this error is due to already installed MS Office suite on their desktop, laptop, or any devices.
The secondary cause of that why people face this issue is the date and the time sync.
Many times due to the overloading of the MS suite services (activation) can lead to the Error Code 0xc004f074.
They could be few Update issue or outdated versions of the application.
All the above-mentioned are some of the major reasons why users encounter MS Office Activation Error Code 0xc004f074. Now that we understood the causes, it’s time to move on to the resolution.
Steps to Fix MS Office Activation Error Code 0xc004f074
To resolve this issue completely, all you have to do is try out the following steps and get rid of this error. We understand that sometimes it is irritating, but we are here and we have got your back. Carefully read all the steps and implement them to get rid of this problem.
Step 1: Download the Updated and Latest Version of MS Office License Pack
The first and foremost step to get rid of this error is to download and install the newest version of MS Office. It is officially declared from Microsoft’s side that if your device is hoisting Office suite 2016 or 2013, then you might be encountering the Error Code 0xc004f074. So, to fix this problem, from the official website of Microsoft, the user need to first download and then install the newest version of the MS Office license pack.
Step 2: Troubleshoot the Office Installation
The second step to resolve the issue is to perform the below-mentioned steps. Now there are different steps for Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1, and Windows 10 users.
For Windows 7: Follow all the steps accurately if you use Windows 7. These are:
- Click on the Start and select Control panel.
- Now go to the Programs and tap on Programs and Features.
- Choose Office Product and go back to the PC Window and tap on Change
- Click on Quick Repair and let the application get repaired.
- At last, if this does not work, try to uninstall the app and then again install it.\
For Windows 8, 8.1, and Windows 10: Follow all the steps carefully and accurately if you are Windows 8, 8.1, and Windows 109 user:
- The first thing you need to do is to go to the Windows Logo and type ‘R’. this will open a Run command window.
- The second step is to type ‘Control’. This will open the rcontrol panel.
- Click on the Programs & features.
- From here choose the Office Product and tap on
- Select Quick Repair and click on
- Once done with the process of repair, you will notice a change in the functioning of MS Excel.
- If this did not work, first uninstall the application and reinstall it again after waiting for a little time.
Step 3: Troubleshoot the Date and Time
The third step to get rid of MS Office Activation Error Code 0xc004f074. In many cases, the users encounter this error code is because of the incorrect date and time of your computer, laptop, or device. It is among the root causes of this issue. So the user needs to first adjust the date and time in the current time zones. Here are the steps:
- The first thing you need to do is to visit Control Panel then enter Clock and Region.
- Click on Set time and date.
- Now click on the Internet Time option and select the Change Settings
- From here tap on the Update option and sync the date and time.
In this article, we have mentioned the possible steps by which you can get rid of MS Office Activation Error 0xc004f074. All the above-mentioned steps are accurate and tested. By following them carefully and accurately, you will definitely get this issue resolved. We hope this article was helpful to you and you all the necessary information that you were looking for.
If the issue still persists, then we recommend you to get expert help for MS Office Activation issues through live assistance.