Microsoft office activation error 0xc004c060 – Sometimes the users face this issue when they try to activate their office. It says “your product key is not valid or no longer valid”. If you are also facing this issue and want to know how to resolve it, then keep reading this blog. May times while trying to activate windows 10, users encounter this issue, and to be honest there is no need to worry. This error simply means that the key of your product is “not valid or no longer valid”. In this blog, we will tell you How to resolve the Microsoft Office Activation Error 0xc004c060.
If you are also facing this issue, then you can run the activation troubleshooter and check if your operating system is proficient to fix the problem. But in case, while activating Windows 10 on PCD, if you are still encountering this issue, you have to override the existing license key through CMD commands. There is a catch that if you hot the license key from an unregistered or unauthorized seller, then Microsoft holds the power to deactivate it remotely. The main reason behind this is the key might be stolen or obtained by fraud. So, now it’s time to move towards the methods to resolve the Microsoft office activation error 0xc004c060.
Possible Reason for this Error
There could be several reasons behind this error. Maybe your windows files got corrupted or due to the damaged system files, the users might encounter this error. These are other causes as well that may trigger such an issue like an old version of OS, Outdated app versions, etc.
Method 1: Run the Activation Troubleshooter
The first and foremost method to solve this issue to try and run the activation troubleshooter. If while activating Windows 10 you are facing this issue, then in this case your OS can help you to resolve this problem. You just need to run the Activation troubleshooter. If your issue is occurring due to any other licensing description, then simply running the window activating troubleshooter will resolve the issue. There were instances when only running the troubleshooter resolved the issue.
Carefully follow all the below-mentioned steps and see if this method resolves the issue
- Open the Run command box and press Windows+R
- Type ms-settings: activation and Now press Enter to go to the Activation
- Go to the side and click on the Activate section on the screen. (This window will only open if your license is not active)
- Let the system run the scanning process. The system will automatically fix the issue if found. In this case, click on the “Apply this fix”.
- Now restart your PC or desktop and check whether the problem has been resolved or not.
This is the first method for resolving this issue and if you are still unable to get the issue resolved, move on to the second method.
Method 2: Eliminate the Temporary Files
Many times you can fix this problem just by deleting some temporary files for your system. Follow the below-mentioned series of steps to resolve this issue:
- The first step is to visit your PC home screen and click on the “My Computer”.
- Now select the “System Drivers” and choose the
- Once done, go to the “General tab” to run the “Disk Cleanup”.
- Scroll down until you see the “To delete files list” and select the temporary files option.
- Once done with this, restart your system and check if you are still having the same error or it is resolved. If in case you are still facing this issue, move on to the third method.
Method 3: Try to Uninstall and Reinstall the Suite
There are times when this problem can be easily resolved by simply reinstalling the software. Below are the series of steps to perform this method:
- Click on Start Button > type'.
- Type Control Panel' and press enter button.
- Now go to Programs > Programs & features option > Ms Office Suite > Uninstall.
- Follow all the instructions carefully to reinstall the application.
- Once done with all the above-mentioned steps, restart the system and again install the Ms. Office suite.
If in case you are still facing the same issue, move on to the fourth method to get this issue resolved.
Method 4: Look for New Updates
Sometimes due to the old version or outdated version the user might get this issue. In this case, you need to simply update the current version to the newer one. If in case you have not updated it for a long period, it may cause issues. To update this app follow the instructions:
- Got to the official website of MS Office > check for updates > click on the update > download.
- Once done with this, restart your PC and we are sure that this will definitely fix your issue.
All the above-mentioned steps are verified and authentic in nature. By performing these steps you can easily get this Microsoft office activation error 0xc004c060 resolved. We hope this blog was helpful and you got the information that you are looking for. If you still face such an error, we recommend you get expert help by initiating a live chat regarding the MS Office error.